Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pistachio Pesto

Howdy people. I've been cooking a bit in my spare time and played with a recipe for pistachio pesto I found. I took the recipe and tweaked it to my own taste, for example, I added double the cilantro, I roasted an entire head of garlic and added it, I did an extra half cup of pistachios, and I added a bunch of fresh lemon juice, and double the olive oil to compensate for the extra ingredients. I loved it and the fam did to! the nice thing about this kind of stuff is you can make it your own and cater to your tastes. Here's the recipe! 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups fresh basil
1/2 cup cilantro
1 cup shelled dry roasted pistachio nut
2 -3 cloves garlic
1/4-2/3 cup olive oil or 1/4-2/3 cup pistachio oil
1 teaspoon lemons, zest of or 1 teaspoon lime zest
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 

Method:-Put all of the ingredients in the food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
REALLY HARD HUH!!

Enjoy! have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment