Monday, June 20, 2011

Killer Spaghetti Sauce!

Today I went to a family gig and I was surprised to find that I was put in charge of cooking spaghetti for the whole family. I am now here hanging out and was inspired to share my recipe for a fail safe, awesome spaghetti sauce. It's super easy and really tasty. I take pre-fab sauce and spice it up!


Ingredients:

1 large onion
3 Tbsp fresh garlic
1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 large jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 Tbsp basil
1 Tbsp oregano
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms

Directions:

Dice onions and garlic and sauté onions first in olive oil. Add some salt to help onions reduce. Add garlic and sauté until brown. DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC! Burned garlic turns bitter. Add sausage and cook all the way through. Add jar of sauce and heat through. Add basil,oregano,parmesan,and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for twenty minutes or so on medium heat to allow all the flavors to come together. About five minutes before you serve, add the chopped mushrooms if you decide to do them. If you add them too early they get mushy and brown. For this recipe you just wanna cook them a little not murder them.

So there you go! Easy awesome sauce, it's fool proof and takes no time at all. It's a super crowd pleaser. I've used it at a lot at dinner parties and on river trips. Check it out and as always let me know what you guys think. I love feedback even if you think it needs to be changed tell me what you did to tweak it! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment