Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tangy Pork Chop Marinade

This recipe originally came from my uncle. He always cooks pork chops like this during the summer on river trips. I took the recipe and made it my own and added a little more to it and it's always a big hit. I'm just gonna post the recipe for the sauce cause that's 90 percent of the battle and it's easy and delicious! Just as a tip, I love to use nice thick center cut chops just cause they are delicious and fairly cheap for me and my wife. Really any chop can be used depending on how much you're willing to spend, and what you can find. So here it goes.

Ingredients:

1 small bottle- Major Gray's mango chutney (doesn't have to be Major Gray's specifically)
1 cup- Apricot jam
2 Tbsp- Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp- Ketchup
3 Tbsp-FRESH Minced garlic
1/2 tsp.- Anise seed
Salt
Fresh ground pepper

Mix all ingredients together in bowl an hour or more prior to use to allow flavors to meld. Use as a marinade, or brush on top of pork during cooking. Also, amount of ingredients can be changed according to specific tastes I personally like more garlic than most.

Well that's it! It's super easy like I said and it's super quick. People will be begging you to make these pork chops! It's also really great on chicken : ) So check it out and tell me what you think in the comments section of the post!!

2 comments:

  1. Delicious! Made these last night! Loved them. I baked mine-do you grill yours?

    Also, Eric and agreed last night that when (when not if) you move back and want to teach we are taking one of your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to grill them cause the marinade gets a little caramelized and it's delicious but baking them sounds killer too!! and I will let you guys know as soon as any talk of classes comes up. We ARE coming home though, for sure before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete